Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A Kindergarten Graduate


Are all parents emotional at their child's kindergarten graduation?
I had to keep dabbing at my eyes with Karlee's burp cloth--I was so proud of Nathan! He sang his little heart out! Oh, and how he had to say the word, "Successful" for his part--trying to say that with four teeth missing was pretty funny!
I won't lie--at the same time I'm ECSTATIC that he is through with kindergarten. That schedule (mornings-half days) has been really tough on me. Will some Utah govorner PLEASE pass a law requiring all-day kindergarten? I have no doubt that all night-shift nurses with kindergartners would be extremely grateful. I hope this miraculously happens in the next two years as Alyssa, my #2 child, is preparing for kindergarten.


2 comments:

Maria said...

Amen! My oldest just graduated kindergarten also and it really stinks to play chauffer on 2 hours of sleep. I am sure we will both be sad when they are gone for a full school day though.

brunger bunch said...

I agree 100% at the half day thing. It is not enough time to run an errand or anything! Congrats to the big graduate!