Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wendy + Jason = 8 Years!

Wendy: I am extremely busy with my new position as an RN with my jobs. However, what is really occupying my time with the exception of my children is my bachelors of nursing program. I'm having to constantly write papers (which I love, by the way!) and do projects, but I will actually be done sooner than I thought, and it will be really nice having this degree. I feel like I am learning so much more about nursing-and I love it! Other than work and school, I continue spending time with the kids and having a blast with a few of my close friends in our ward and neighborhood. I am getting back into running and will be signing up for some 5K races in the summer-I am excited to run with my friends! Tiffany wants me to run a race with her this fall, too! I'm still trying to figure out how to balance everything, but I am managing. Do I know life without chaos? Do I know what it's like to not be a busy bee? NOPE...I think that is what keeps me kicking at times, honestly. LoL. I was spoiled on Mothers Day--Jason and the kids bought me a bouquet of beautiful flowers, Jason grilled a delicious dinner of steak and asparagus, and then he surprised me with pearl earrings and a pearl necklace. Wow--he knows how to spoil me! I'm so lucky!

Jason: He has taken on a new project at work which is requiring him to do some traveling out-of-state for training in June and July. He is excited about the new adventure and feels it will really benefit him to learn the project. Jason is also excited about Nathan being in baseball and will be spending some quality time helping Nathan to learn the game.

Jason and Wendy: We are celebrating our 8th anniversary and my graduation from nursing school! Thanks to Grandma Catherine, our babysitter who is like family, Jason and I get to escape for two nights to Park City where we purchased a three-night-four-day stay at a resort. We are taking the kids with us for the first night (and my sister Tiffany is joining us!), but then Jason and I get a couple of nights for ourselves. I feel I am living for this time with just him. Since we do not have family around, we do not get to go on trips together. In fact, I can't remember the last time we had an overnight stay (or even a date night!) away from the kids! I think Grandma Catherine is very brave, and Jason and I are really grateful!

5 comments:

BiLlY, sAm, AnD bOyS!!! said...

your kids are so dang cute! We really should get together this summer and let them all meet and play! Lets plan something sometime when your crazy schedule has a break!

I hope you and Jason have a great time alone! You guys deserve it! Take it all in because it will go way to fast and you won't know when the next time will be!!! Have fun!

Sheryl said...

YES!! You will have to enjoy every moment! How fun.. I don't even have kids, and I look forward to vactions SO much. You know... any time away from work and the little things in life that take so much of your time. What an awesome treat for you!! Have a blast!

Maria said...

Congrats on 8 years (and graduating too, of course) I hope you have a great getaway. You definitely deserve it.

brunger bunch said...

I am so glad you guys get to get away!! I will have to agree, that as crazy as life sometimes seems, I wouldn't have it any other way! You do a fantastic job at Chaos anyway!!!

The Allreds said...

HOpe you enjoy your get-away. Sounds very wonderful if you ask me! You're kids are in good hands. Hugs to all of you!