I was telling my sister Tiffany about how I felt I emotionally invested everything I had into a couple of friendships, and it was never reciprocated. I was left feeling let down and hurt and could not understand what went wrong. I felt that while the friendships were important to me, my friendship was not important to them.
Tiffany said to me, "Why waste your time on people who bring you down?"
It was a simple statement--but impacted me greatly.
She then said, "TRUE friends uplift and encourage you. They love you despite your weaknesses. They don't ever make you feel insecure or unloved."
I realized she was right as I had felt insecure about these friendships for quite sometime. .
So, after days of thought and prayer, I did what I needed to do--I gave up on those friendships that I had tried too hard to maintain. I silently said goodbye. You know what the crazy part about it is? I thought it would tear me up to "let go." But as I did all of this--as I deleted their information in my phone, email account, computer, etc., it not only felt good, it felt RIGHT.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
What a great friend she is! Tiffany was so right and I'm glad you were able to do that. I have the same problem - holding on. It makes you feel stuck! Much better to not waste your time.
i know what you mean!
Post a Comment