Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Watch me LOSE

Hi Friends,

I am starting a second blog, but I am going to make it private. It's a private matter, you see, as I am trying to lose weight and want to document my journey. I'm going to be honest in this blog, show pictures along the way, record what I'm eating, vent about plateaus or jump for joy with success. As some of you know, I lost 50lbs prior to discovering I was pregnant with Karlee. I did it the wrong way--Atkins (high protein) and an appetite suppressant medication helped me to lose weight super fast for my cousin's wedding in which I was a bridesmaid and wanted to look good for her wedding, but I wasn't able to keep the weight off once I returned to eating carbohydrates again like potatoes and pasta. Combine that with pregnancy gain and it was a mess! I have been losing some weight with exercise, but now I'm really cracking down and going to spend this winter doing it right! My father-in-law issued a challenge for our family to lose weight. Whoever gets to their goal weight earns $1000, and if that person maintains it for a year, they get another $1000. If our entire family loses weight and reaches goal weight, he will take us on a cruise. Worth trying for, right?

If you want to observe this transformation and help cheer me on, I could always use some friendly support and encouragement, especially now as In and Out Burger is opening nearby and it's a weakness of mine! So, if you want to be a part of this blog, please comment to this post OR email me at wmohlman@gmail.com so I can add you to the private list. It's going to get personal--the good, the bad and the ugly--probably a lot of UGLY! :)

4 comments:

Gretchen Arnoldsen Lindsay said...

You are an insperation. I know you can do it. I want to join, I've got to loose the baby waight. Do you think Uncell John will take me on the cruse with you when you win. Love to your cute family. And good luck..

Tavia said...

ooh, this is going to be good. You can totally DO it!. That's also an awesome incentive to work toward. Good luck, and send me an invite.

Sheryl said...

OoooH - me me me - I need to do one of these too... can I join your blog??

Abbie said...

abbiewebster@gmail.com I will use you as inspiration!!!