Tuesday, January 5, 2010









It's not just about New Years Resolutions...it's also about REFLECTION of 2009 and what I learned....

1. Karlee Sue blessed our lives in 2009. As most of you know, I did not want her. To even write that hurts my heart to think that something so precious I rejected at first. She is heaven sent and simply perfect. I needed her and Heavenly Father knew I did. She is extra-special, not just because she was a surprise, but because she is our last. She completes our family.
2. I fulfilled a dream--Wendy, RN. I love being a nurse. I am scared each and every time I work knowing so much responsibility falls on my shoulders, and yet, I love my job. It's fulfilling to know I'm doing exactly what I was supposed to do "when I grew up."
3. "You cannot say you've lost a friend. If a friendship is capable of ending, it is because it never existed." (Author Unknown) This was a difficult lesson for me to learn in 2009.
4. "Let go of that which brings you down." (Unknown) That includes everything from bad habits to negative people.
5. I'm more in love with my husband now than ever.
6. Sharpie markers do not come out of wood flooring or couches very easily, (Austin!)
7. Painting can drastically change a home. Oh, and pumpkin orange is not pumpkin orange. It's too bright, and it looked freakish in my kitchen.
8. Statistics class is ridiculous and should be for math geniuses only. You could not pay me to take another Stats class.
9. Diet Coke is not easily given up. In fact, I'm now officially shooting for 2010 as my year of sacrifice.
10. Facebook is a blessing and a curse.
11. Next year I will do all of my Christmas shopping online--I'm thinking that I don't have the patience for mall parking lots the weekend before Christmas.
12. Utah's In-and-Out Burger tastes just as amazing as Arizona's and California's In-&-Out.
13. "Kill 'em with kindness." I learned that with my patients. If I am coming at them with a needle, they handle it a lot better if I smile. This also applies to former friends--at least try to be the better person. It makes the hurt go away a little.
14. Student loans are horrible. In fact, I will officially be an eternal student with eight Masters degrees just so I don't have to repay the govornment for my education (lol).
15. One-on-one time with each child is crucial, even if it's something as simple as reading a book with them or going for a walk.
16. Budget for a housekeeper. I'm not superwoman. School, night-shift jobs, young kids and baby have left me with no room on my plate. I'm exhausted. There are people who make a living by cleaning homes. God bless them. I'm grateful. Thank you.
17. Tiffany, my sister, is my hero-on-earth.
18. "Living a perfect day means doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you" (Unknown) This has become my motto. I believe that cleaning up my patient's poo, vomit or blood here at work falls into this category.
19. I know some of the neatest people, and I'm lucky enough to call them friends.
20. I have witnessed much death in my work, and without a doubt, I know there is a loving Heavenly Father and Christ waiting for our return to Them. It is hard to stumble...on your knees.

WHEW! What a year! If it wasn't 2:30 AM, I'm sure I could reflect on much more...but these are my top 20 mental notes of 2009! 2010...I'm excited for another chapter in my book of Life!


2 comments:

Maria said...

That is quite the list. You definitely gave me some things to think about. :) You are an amazing person. Keep up the great work!

brunger bunch said...

Wow..you seriously cease to amaze me with all of your wonderful thoughts and ideas. Gave me a whole lot to think about as I reflect on the last year. You are just too darn cute! I still have "stew" for you...I will get it to you I promise:))