Sunday, February 21, 2010

Goodbye, Gramcrackers

My dear grandmother, Marilyn Marzano, passed away from a small bowel obstruction/perforation on Saturday, February 20. I was devestated. My family and I (yes, all four kids and Jason) flew home to Indiana to attend the funeral. My sister Tiffany's children, and my Nathan and Alyssa, sang "Families can be Together Forever," an LDS primary song. It was a wonderful ceremony as we celebrated Grandma's life. I was so touched by the memories people have of her...I'm grateful for mine. To my Gramcrackers in Heaven, "I love you. XOXOXO."





My grams as a young, beautiful, classy woman


She volunteered to be the first person in the passenger seat of my new car the day
I received my drivers license!

Grandma lived in our home when I was in high school. She attended my events as a proud grandmother. My favorite moment was when she stood and applauded, tears running down her cheeks after I delivered my graduation speech.


This was my last picture with her before her death.




1 comment:

BiLlY, sAm, AnD bOyS!!! said...

I am so sorry for your loss! She sounds like she was an amazing grandma and always there for you!