I was NOT going to go to my college graduation--that was my original plan. I attended the pinning ceremony, took boards, and was ready to just leave my nursing school days behind me. And THEN, I got the phone call from a faculty member at my school. "Wendy," she said, "We had a staff meeting and unanimously voted to have you speak on behalf of your graduating class." I was astonished--and HONORED. There were 50+ students in my nursing program, so I am not sure why they wanted me, but I agreed to do it. I spoke at my high school graduation as well, but I sincerely feel like this was much more meaningful. What made it even more special was the fact that my mom was visiting, along with my sister Tiffany, so they were able to attend my graduation and hear me speak. Jason was there too, of course, and Tiffany's kids entertained my children so that the adults would not be distracted. You know what? I am really glad I went, and I think the speech turned out okay, too. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
i know it meant alot to you for your mom and sis to be there! congrats! and I am sure you did a great job!!!
You're amazing Wendy!! I'm not surprised at all that they asked you to speak. How's that baby of yours that I haven't even seen yet. Sorry for being a slacker-too-busy neighbor. I think of you guys often. :)
wendy congrats! of course they would have you speak! you are so cute and personable! way to go!
That's awesome Wendy! I'm not surprised they asked you either. I'm sure it turned out wonderful. What a neat experience!
Your amazin' and that was well deserved. I am so gald it is finally over for you:)
wendy, i'm not sure if you remenber me but i'm angie and i work M/B and i just started the program at ameritech and is nice to hear that you finish and pass the boards congrats!! is nice to know that there is light at the end of the tunnel if you could give me some tips on how to succeed at ameritech that would be great!!! thanks
Wow, Wendy! Congrats! You are truly amazing the way you balance everything and still stay so positive and sweet! Good work!
You go girl! What an honor. I'm glad you rose to the occasion and made a wonderful, lasting memory for yourself! Congratulations on the many accolades and dreams realized! Love ya!
Ya know girl - YOU ROCK and everyone loves ya. No wonder they asked you to speak, you silly. I didn't make it to graduation, and now I'm kinda regretting it. Way to go with the speech and I'm sure it was WONDERFUL! Miss all you gals :)
Post a Comment