Thursday, March 19, 2009

Growing up...way TOO fast



Hi Everyone!
Update on Karlee Sue--she is doing terrific! She is healthy and growing and just dang cute. She is a pretty good baby, although like every parent out there, I truly wish she just slept more at night (that is what I get for working nights as a nurse--she is accustomed to being awake on the night shifts, too!). Jason handles the awakenings really well and when I asked him how he does it, he stated, "Because she is the last newborn we will ever have, and knowing we will not have to do this again makes it a little easier to treasure it, even in the early, early mornings."

I need an attitude like that.

4 comments:

BiLlY, sAm, AnD bOyS!!! said...

what a good dad! she is darling!

brunger bunch said...

It does happen so fast. I think the last one is practically a blink of an eye...just knowing that Ava is probably it for us, makes her grow up every bit faster!

big8smiley said...

She is SO CUTE! It's true what Jason says. I find I'm treasuring a lot of "lasts" and it makes me a little sad. I keep wondering to myself, did I treasure all the stages of my other kids ENOUGH?!

Maria said...

She is adorable. I am sure you are enjoying every minute with that cute little lady, even early in the morning. It sounds like Jason is a patient dad.