Am I crazy?
I think I just don't know how to function unless my plate is really, really full!
I have enrolled in the Bachelors of Nursing program through the University of Phoenix. I can complete all of my nursing classes online and do the clinical hours within my hospital and community. I know I just completed my hard-earned nursing degree, but I have many reasons for pursuing my bachelors degree so soon:
1) I want to delay payback of student loans. (hahaha)
2) My ultimate dream for my career is to obtain a Masters in education and teach Nursing students.
3) With the economy the way it is, believe it or not, some hospitals are on a hiring freeze. I'm trying to boost my resume with education.
4) My hubby likes a smart, educated woman! =)
5) I want to promote education to my children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Whoa girl...good luck. Hopefully the online classes will work good for you. James is taking an Arizona class right now. Didn't think he'd go back to school to make LESS money!??!
You are one ambitious lady. Way to go!
Hey Wendy!! WAY TO GO!! I was going to call back that National American University sometime this week and look into starting in the Fall after the wedding. If you don't mind me askin', what did you find that you liked about U of Pheonix? I haven't had much time into looking at which place I want to go to, but I want to do something for many of your same reasons for wanting to go back. Hmmm... maybe we can chat about it!!! Feel free to send me an email cause I am really interested (i'm a dork, I know). Miss ya!!
I think it is a fabulous idea!! The more education you have the more opportunities there are for jobs. The BSN is so easy...I least where I went. You are already a nurse, so it is mainly managerial, office, and more critical nursing. Good Luck!
Way to be dedicated! You are a SuperWoman of infinite strength of will! You'll do great.
That's a good idea, really. Once you are in the swing of things with school, I think it's best to keep going while you're used to it. If you stopped now, who knows how long it would be before you could convince yourself that you are crazy enough to start back up again! It'll be worth it.
Post a Comment