Saturday, January 31, 2009

Austin is 2!




Our baby Austin turned 2 on January 30.

Thankfully, at the age of 2, we can still keep the birthday low-key as the highlight of their day is the cake! We spent the day as a family, having to celebrate on the 31st since I had school on Friday, Jan. 30. We went to Toys R Us and let him pick out a toy, we ate pizza for dinner and Jason bought one of those monsterous chocolate cakes from Costco (I think it's called the "All American Cake" and it's round and HUGE, as if it's 8 layers of chocolate!) Austin seemed to have a great day. He is a fun toddler with a pretty good understanding of "pecking order" and often screams to communicate due to frustration from being the youngest. He is smart, loves to throw anything that is round and "ball-like," (and that includes PEAS at dinner!) and he knows exactly what to do to irritate his sister. He is full of love and gives hugs constantly and says, "I love you!" all the time. He is our only blond-haired/blue-eyed child, and an exact replica of Jason as a baby. I'm crazy about him, and despite the fact we have a baby due very soon, I still call Austin "my baby."

1 comment:

big8smiley said...

My soon-to-be 2 year old will always be my "baby" too. It's so hard to give that up! Austin sounds perfectly normal. I love watching little 1 and 2 year olds because they find so much amazement in life itself. I'm happy his birthday turned out so fun for him!