Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thanks, Mom!


Did I tell you my mom is a nurse?


I remember her having to study for hours and trying to balance life at home, work and school. I remember her pinning ceremony, watching her on stage in her white nursing uniform and a white nursing cap on her head receiving a pin. I screamed and clapped for her when her name was announced, very much embarrassing her. Little did my mom know the impact she would have on me years later--I wanted to be a nurse because of her.


I need to thank my mom, who has also been loving, supportive and encouraging. She has even helped us financially during the time of me in school, helping to pay for babysitting expenses so I could attend class three days a week. She would call and check up on me regularly (she lives in Indiana) to see how school was going and how I was handling everything. I have always felt the love of my mom, and I have no doubt that she was sending constant prayers up to Heaven for me that I could get thru it all.

No comments: