Austin is at the toughest age for me right now--AGE 2. Alyssa is AGE 3. I have TWO children in the "Terrible Two-Terrible Threes." I stress when my children have hit the 18 months-3 years. I don't deal well with the tantrums, the screaming, the "MINE!" and "NO!", the biting and hitting, the refusal of naps, the picky-eaters they become, potty-training, etc. I admit it--I lack patience. Give me the new babies and the 4+ aged children, and I consider myself a pretty good mom to those ages. So, for me to have TWO children in this age group, well, sometimes my days seem "very long." I have collapsed in bed at night crying because I feel I can't handle it. I cry because I feel I was too hard on them or not tolerant enough. If there is one prayer that is constant in my mind, it has to be that I can be a better mom. Anyway, it's moments that I sometimes capture on the camera that remind me of my two precious toddlers that I couldn't live without. There are so many more wonderful, endearing moments then there are tantrums, and so many moments where, as a mom, I do indeed thank God above for blessing me with these children. I just always want them to feel loved and cherished by me, and I worry that my lack of patience does not prove those intentions to them. Goodness, I hope I get this "Mom thing" right one day. It's the hardest thing I have ever done, but by far, the one thing I treasure the most.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Wendy, we all have those moments. We all feel we're getting it wrong and too impatient. Being pregnant definately makes it harder. Val Erickson posted a note about "bad mommy days" that captures the truth of it: We all have our bad days. Luckily, most of it our kids won't remember. Each day we can start fresh and just enjoy all the good moments!
You said it ! I know exactly how you feel! Like we have talked before- we should get austin and Hayden in a room together and let them battle it out! :) I can just tell you are a great mom! I i am sure your children know that!
AMEN! I feel like those ages are what will keep me from being exalted. It is so hard! I have 2 in that category right now. Just know you aren't the only one. It helps me to know that in half the homes in my neighborhood, the same frustrations are going on at the same time. Somehow it makes my plight feel a little less lonely. :) Even as I speak my kids are in forced naps because they wouldn't eat the lunch I made for them. Aaaaaaargh!
Wendy you are a grate Mom and your kids are adorable. Man Austin is a little Jason isn't he. Hang in there I wish you were closer so we could see you and your kids more. Love ya....
Post a Comment