Friday, February 6, 2009

A SURPRISE from my SISTER


There are three people on this earth whose love I have never doubted: Jason, my mother, and my dearest sister, Tiffany who lives in Colorado. She is the reason I turned out the way I did--I wanted to be just like her, to follow her in her footsteps, to be everything she was. I shouldn't have been surprised that she would drive her and three of her kids from Colorado to Utah to surprise me at the pinning ceremony, one of the most important events of my life. I didn't see it coming: I knew she wanted to be there, but because she is a Masters Program and a very busy mother of four, I could never ask her or expect her to sacrifice so much to be a part of this night. However, my sister, who has been my cheerleader throughout this whole nursing school ordeal, who has been the person I have called crying to because I'm tired and worn out, because I don't know how to balance home, school and work, crying because I just can't study anymore, etc., she has done nothing but love me, pray for me and support me...she has believed in me. With her and Jason at the pinning ceremony, cheering for me as I received my pin, it made my night so much more meaningful sharing it with two people who have encouraged me the entire time. I did this for them, too. Thank you, Tiffany. I can't tell you enough how much it meant to have you with me on this night of celebration.

2 comments:

Gretchen Arnoldsen Lindsay said...

Wendy you are so amazing. I am so happy for you on finnishing Nursing school. You are such a kind, loving, person and I know you have worked so hard for this. Jason is also wonderful because he has supported you through it all. what wonderful cousins I have. We will have to have a family get together soon. Now you can get ready for that new little girl let us now when she arrives.
gretchenlindsayfamily.blogspot.com

big8smiley said...

What a wonderful family! Sisters are amazing and I'm glad you have that blessing!