Wednesday, December 17, 2008
No longer a Pee-Wee Ninja...
Today Nathan promoted to the Junior Program in Karate--he is no longer a Pee-Wee Ninja black belt, but rather, on his way to the "real" black belt, which if he keeps going strong, he will have by the time he is nine. We are so proud of him--he has accomplished so much and I really feel he has grown tremendously from karate. I believe in the program--it teaches respect and self-discipline. Nathan is truly motivated, which blows me away since he is only six. I am going to post a couple of new pictures of his promotion to a "solid yellow" belt. He will be second to the youngest in the junior program, having promoted today with his good friend, Brock, who was just one belt under Nathan. They went to the karate tournament together and are always partners in karate. We are so excited for Brock, too, as he also wants to be a black belt one day, like Nathan. The new program now becomes more serious and requires more dedication. (I saw the teacher requiring push ups from a kid the other day--Wow!) More will be expected of Nathan--not to mention more money from us! =( However, Jason and I truly believe though that if our kids are really interested in something, we will do everything we can and encourage that interest and allow them to pursue it. Way to go, Nathan!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Way to go Nathan. You'll have to teach me some moves, I'm scared of bad guys and would love to be able to defend myself!! : )
Wow! That is awesome! Good for Nathan. :) I have thought about putting my Nathan into karate as well. I'm really impressed that he can become a black belt by the age of 9. That is really something to brag about!
Hey cute girl! I found your blog on Iliana's. What a cute family you have!
Post a Comment