Saturday, December 6, 2008

A Family Night, topped with VOMIT

What a challenge trying to keep our blog up-to-date! It probably would have been wise of me to wait until I was done with school to create a blog, but at the same time, it is nice to take a break from homework!
Jason's parents are in town this week--John and Jeanette live in AZ, so to have them up here visiting is truly something we look forward to. Jason and I never thought in a million years we would live in different states than our parents, so when our parents visit, it's such a blessing because it does not happen enough!
We had dinner at Golden Corral--The food was yummy, and none of us could believe how much Austin was shoveling into his mouth--he was loving that mac-and-cheese! Well, low and behold, he hits his head, I kneel down to comfort him, and he throws up ALL OVER ME. It went down my shirt, onto my shoulder and sleeve and dripped onto my pants. Despite the fact I am a nurse, I don't think I will ever get used to the smell of vomit ON ME. It was NOT the highlight of my night, and if our next adventure had not been outside, there is no way I would have continued on with our night smelling the way I did. (Austin was fine, by the way, following the vomiting)
Our next stop was to Temple Square in SLC. Each year they display beautiful Christmas lights around the temple grounds, and it's just glorius. We were with Jason's sister, Jodi and her family, John and Jeanette, and Jason's aunt Joyce and her kids. It was so fun being with family--truly what the holidays are all about. I actually was able to enjoy the moment rather than focusing on the reek coming from beneath my coat. If I truly did stink, my family seemed to love me anyway and continued walking and talking with me! =)

3 comments:

BiLlY, sAm, AnD bOyS!!! said...

so sorry about the throw up! I agree- I will never get use to that smell! Hope Austin is feeling better!

The Allreds said...

oh you poor thing! you need some kind of badge of courage for enduring that feat!! I'm still amazed that you continued your night out - SUPER mom!!!

big8smiley said...

My gosh, I am SO SORRY! I would have definitely insisted that I run and get a new shirt for the evening, just anything cheap! I'm glad you were able to make a good night of it.