Thursday, December 25, 2008

The Aftermath of it all....

We survived Christmas.
We also survived the snow. We are survivors.
It has been a crazy, nonstop holiday break, but I have been with my little family, and it has been just what the holidays are all about. Christmas was wonderful, and my kids were spoiled by the special people in their lives. Jason and I just enjoyed watching them open their gifts on Christmas morning and observed their excitement and gratitude over each present. Christmas is so much more meaningful as a parent as it becomes less about what you receive and more about the children and their joy...(Okay, but I admit that I still would have liked it if Santa could have brought me a live-in nanny!)

3 comments:

trudihyer said...

I hope that you were able to have some rest from your hectic schedule. It was a wonderful white Christmas.. I think we should talk to Santa about that nanny idea!!!

brunger bunch said...

I am glad you all had a great Christmas..never thought to ask for a live in nanny, great idea!!

big8smiley said...

I'm so happy you had a wonderful Christmas! Being a parent makes Christmas time so rewarding and adds a whole new excitement.

I was sitting with my primary the Sunday before Christmas and I heard a kid ask the teacher behind me what he wanted for Christmas. I heard him reply, "I just want my kids to have a good Christmas." I LOVED that! It's just so different as a parent, but better different.