Monday, December 1, 2008

Jason's Birthday

We celebrated the birthday of Jason...and we were actually able to go on a DATE! Now, please know that I think our last date was in June, maybe? Jason and I aren't able to go on dates due to no babyisitter in the evenings, and I was like a little kid at Christmas being able to go eat sushi with our good friends for lunch, then to a movie, "Twilight," as just the two of us. It was HIS birthday, but I felt I was the lucky one just being able to spend some quality time with just him. I love my kids more than words can express, but to not have to chase them, change a diaper, have my food get cold because I am trying to convince them to eat, trying to think of creative ways to entertain the kids as we wait for food, and not being able to carry on a conversation with just Jason because I am trying to settle down a child, etc., well, you get the point. The peace and quiet and adult conversation was something he and I needed. I'm so thankful for Jason--he is by far my better half, and I admire all his qualities. I tell everyone that if he hasn't divorced me while I have been in nursing school, I think I actually may have convinced this man to stay forever, because i am hard to live with right now thanks to my schedule and all the stress. Anyway, we had a great day together, and he was able to hear from his family and friends wishing him a happy birthday. It's my favorite day on the calendar....Jason's birthday.

2 comments:

BiLlY, sAm, AnD bOyS!!! said...

i know what you mean about being just the two of you!

Happy Birthday

big8smiley said...

I am so happy for you that you got to finally enjoy some alone time. I tell my kids that we parents NEED to go on dates because it makes us better parents.

It is such a relief to be able to get away for a few hours and not have to do mom things - like eat cold food and entertain in a restaurant. You realize that you really CAN focus on one thing and be totally fine doing just that, ONE thing, instead of 7 things being 1/2 done at once. I'm glad you had a good time! :)