Monday, December 15, 2008

Time flies..even when you're NOT having fun.
As you all know, I am a nurse, so I am firm believer in the flu shot. However, I think it was the flu shot that gave Alyssa and Austin a reaction which caused high fevers, and nothing else. It was tough--Jason and I were up most of the night with Alyssa, then as she recovered, Austin came down with it, and Jason was up most of the night while I had to work. It was pretty difficult, but thankfully, they are feeling much better.
I got a THIRD job--I know, I'm crazy, huh? This third job, however, will allow me to not have to work nights EVERY weekend--I have had to miss out on church often due to my night schedule, so this will be a great thing for our family. It's a swing shift in a nursing home--and I really like this nursing home as I was an aid in it almost ten years ago! Now I return as a nurse! I love my other two jobs--on the ICU and as a home health nurse for a sweet boy with a wonderful family who I adore. Therefore, I will juggle these jobs, while at the same time, trying to finish up nursing school. It's crazy, and I am exhausted, but sadly, we need the money, and I am lucky in this economy right now that I can find work. I feel blessed.
The other night I was worried I was having a heart attack. I talked to my two best friends, Christina and Teresa asking them their thoughts. This baby girl inside of me makes me feel like she is tearing up my organs or something! LoL. I am nearly 31 weeks along, but I think I have a ten pounder in me who punches at all my organs and causes pain in the lungs, heart, diaphragm, and bladder! I'm trying to treasure the fact that this baby girl is the last pregnancy I will ever carry, so despite my complaints, I recognize it as a miracle. She came against all odds--or so I thought. I know I'll love her--she is just causing some body aches and pains!!!
Jason is really busy at work, Nathan is preparing for a break from school for the holidays and an upcoming belt promotion in karate which puts him into a junior program. Alyssa is doing great potty-training....well, just peeing in the toilet, that is...and Austin is two months away from turning 2, but goodness, he is a maniac and way into those "terrible twos," including realizing that he can push around his sister and make her cry!
That's it for us...I'll update again soon (I hope!)

3 comments:

BiLlY, sAm, AnD bOyS!!! said...

3 jobs!!! I don't know how you do it! You are the definition of wonder woman!!! We are so grateful for the love you show our son and think the world of you! I am so glad you came into our lives! Thanks for all you do- but if you ever need a break please let us know- we will definitely understand!

big8smiley said...

INSANE! When I was pregnant and working full time I got chest pain too - and even now, if I'm upset or stressed it comes back. Those little babies sure do mess with your body, don't they?? I hope you are doing alright. :) I'll be happy for you when you finish school and can at least take that off your plate.

Capri said...

Wendy, you are amazing! You stay so positive no matter what! I hope you stay around the ICU when all is said and done. Your pregnancy is flying by (for me! LOL) Hang in there!