Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Autumn--My favorite!

Monday, Nov. 3
The other day, after picking up Nathan from kindergarten, the four of us (me and the kids) went to a nearby park. I admit it--I love to have the kids run around at the park and burn energy so I can take them home, feed their stomachs lunch, and then they are ready for a nap. Thanks to this new blog, I took the camera and had a blast trying to capture their moments. While sometimes I feel that I am the one who is more exhausted after such an adventure as taking them to the park and chasing them, their laughter echoes in my ears and their smiles warm my heart.

Tuesday, Nov. 4
YES, I VOTED! I worked all night as a nurse for a sweet little boy, and before driving home to jump in my bed, I swung by the local junior high to cast in my ballot for McCain. IT WAS COLD-and I couldn't help but to laugh at how Jason always seems to be right--Meaning, he told me as he walked me out to the car before my shift on Monday night that it would be cold in the morning and I had better had a jacket. So, while waiting in line to vote that next morning, WITHOUT my jacket, I couldn't help but to laugh to myself. He is the perfect match for me--I must admit.
It felt great to vote--I was proud of the turnout of voters, even in my tiny town. It's great to be American and exercise the right to vote and freedom to choose.

No comments: