Tuesday, November 18, 2008

On the eve of our first son's birthday...

Today marks almost six years to the date that I gave birth to Nathan John Mohlman. He was a chubby nine pounder with long black spikey hair who refused to come into this world and made me go into the OR for a C-section. Six years later, I still couldn't love anything more. He is such a highlight in my life. I like to think he is a "Mommy's Boy," but I have no doubt he makes Jason feel like he is a "Daddy's Boy," too. Nathan has turned out to be such a great kid--he is so smart and friendly and reaches out to others in hopes of always finding new friends. He is a great example to his sister and brother, and he is the first to say, "I love you," when he is running out the door. He is such a loving child, fantastic at karate, smart in school, skinnier than I would like him to be, loves to hear all about animals and bugs and snakes, wants to spend time with his grandparents, enjoys Star Wars, wants to be a firefighter when he grows up or "like that animal control guy who drives in his truck and saves pets who are lost." Nathan loves to hug and always wants to call people on the phone. He looks up to his dad and still says that maybe one day he will take me to the temple and marry me. Oh goodness--If I could stop his growth and maturity and keep him the way his is right now, I swear I would. If all kids could turn out like Nathan, maybe then I would have ten of him. Happy Birthday tomorrow, Nathan. You make me so proud to be your mother!!!

4 comments:

big8smiley said...

What a sweet little boy! Happy Birthday Nathan! I'm so happy for you to have him in your home. I hope his day is wonderful. :)

The Allreds said...

Happy Birthday Nathan! But...I thought that those police trucks who capture animals were to save those of us in the world who are scared of run-away dogs : ) Garrett's WAY into Star Wars too, they should have a "battle" sometime!

Valerie said...

your kids are soooooo adorable!!! i'm so glad that we can keep in touch this way!!! i miss you!

Jade said...

Your kids are so so cute!! im so glad we ran into you so that we can keep in touch! We miss you so much! Love ya! Jade