Thursday, November 6, 2008

I just wanted to send you a picture of my calendar for the month of November. As you can see, it's color-coded with scribbles and post-its, reminding me of my work shifts and homework and other important events. So, to all my family and friends who I do not call or write or send emails as often as I would like, maybe this will help you to understand why. I'm in my final semester of nursing school, a wife, mother of three young and busy children, a karate mom, pregnant, I work two jobs, and I rarely get to see my husband. Will all this be worth it one day? You bet. Jason and I are holding onto that fact, and I truly like to believe that my children are young enough and won't remember how "mommy had to study" or "mommy has homework," or "mommy is at school." I like to think that my children will have the example of an educated mother who cares for the sick and who is passionate about her career choice. I want to promote education and self-reliance--especially to my daughters when we don't know what lies ahead in this world. I'm so grateful that Jason and I will be able to give even more to our children one day, and maybe even make enough money to travel to see our family more often and set aside money for our boys to serve church missions and our childrens college education. Hey, we will have four kids--it's going to be pricey!! We also want to help give back to our parents who have done so much for us. I look forward to that day....So, this crazy calendar of mine will end soon....Maybe not soon enough, but we will make it thru and then my calendar will be full of the better things in life, like volunteering in Nathan's class or taking Alyssa to dance lessons, church functions or even a date with Jason. Wow, I can't even imagine. That is a life I cannot wait to live....

No comments: