November 1, 2008
ALYSSA LYNN IS THREE TODAY!
Three years ago on this day, a baby girl with a head full of dark hair blessed our lives. To this day, we are still just as crazy about her. She is a daddy’s girl, and an identical replication of her mommy. She is smart, wants to be like her big brother Nathan, and loves to mother her brother, Austin. She is stubborn and selfish like every toddler this age, but she gives the best hugs and has a contagious laugh. She makes us smile.
Happy 3rd birthday, Alyssa Lynn!
October 31, 2008
Happy Halloween!
The kids were very excited all day—and so was I. For the final semester of nursing school, I am so lucky to be able to not only put in 120 hours of a capstone/preceptorship in the hospital, but I also get to do 40 hours of community/leadership experience. Well, my friend Christina hooked us up to give flu shots—and today we went to where Jason works to inflict some pain in the arms of the employees. Okay, I hate to think I caused some pain, but in a morbid kind of way, it was fun being the nurse and giving shots. Hope everyone gets their flu vaccination this season—and have a healthy season!
As for Halloween night, it was fun to dress up the kids (well, Austin would have NOTHING to do with his lion costume) but Alyssa the princess and Nathan the scary phantom with glowing red eyes had a blast with their neighborhood friends going from door to door. And to all the people out there—Thanks for the yummy candy! Since Nathan is allergic to nuts/peanut butter, Jason and I have thoroughly enjoyed the snickers, butterfingers, baby ruths, Reeses, peanut M&Ms, etc. LoL.
October 25, 2008
HE WON!!Oh my goodness...I am beyond proud of our boy. Nathan, who has been in karate for over two years and has earned his Pee-Wee Ninja black belt this far, entered a karate tournament and TOOK FIRST PLACE in his division! He was amazing--Jason and I beamed with pride. I couldn't help but to wipe away tears as I sat in the stands in the gymnasium and tried to focus the camera long enough to take some pictures. He was so confident and just magnificent! I have told my family and my friends that while I never visualized myself as being a mom of "so many children," it's moments like these--cheering on my child and being his number one fan and supporter--that I am reminded how grateful I am to love so deeply and to have been given the responsibility of mothering these amazing children. Nathan, we are so proud of you!
October 21, 2008
IT'S A GIRL! Okay, okay...I know...I told EVERYONE that we decided to not find out what the sex of the baby was. Despite the fact we all knew it was a girl (I have been severely emotional and sensitive this pregnancy--just ask Jason and my friends) how could I tell Nathan "no" when he begged me to have the doctor tell us if he was going to have a little brother or little sister? Well, Nathan ended up not liking what the doctor had to say about it being a girl. He yelled, "OH NO! Not another sister!" Jason, Dr. Anderson and I laughed. I guess that if four kids was what was planned for our family, having two boys and two girls is a great way to have it work. I must say--I am just so glad that there is only ONE baby in there and not multiples! As of now, this little girl will come in late February or beginning of March.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Congrats on having another girl. That is awesome. I'm glad you are joining the bloging world.
Post a Comment