Tuesday, November 11, 2008
A Mr.Mom
I'm so lucky--I realize that every day. Jason is not only a fabulous husband, he is also an amazing father. Sometimes I feel badly that he didn't marry someone who wanted 12 kids--he could handle it, but I could not--I admit it! He is so wonderful with our children, that I have all the faith in the world that if something were to happen to me, Jason would be able to care for the children and they would remain first in his life always. That is so comforting as I am not sure every mom out there has the same feelings I do. I recently had a good friend ask me if Jason would be willing to train her husband to care for their kids? I have always worked a job and had school since our married life, and because of this, Jason has had the opportunity to bond closely with our children. He wakes up with newborns, changes dirty diapers constantly, runs to the doctor with our children, spent nights with Austin in the hospital when Austin had RSV, warms up bottles of my frozen breastmilk, makes dinners for the kids, tucks them into their beds at night, cleans poop out of pants, scrubs vomit from carpets, bathes all three children at one time, washes and folds laundry, ties Alyssa's hair back in ponytails, gets Nathan ready for school and the other two ready for the babysitter, etc. I have never met another man like him, and sorry girls--I don't think there is another one like him out there, either. I thank his mom, Jeanette, for raising such a precious son, and she says to me, "He just came this way," but I think she had a lot to do with it. I just had to brag about Jason. I have been thinking about this so much lately, especially because I am in nursing school and working nights (Yeah--you know what my calendar looks like), and I am always comforted that our kids are cared for when they are with their dad. My schedule is hectic, and when I am done, I plan on giving Jason a vacation...a MUCH DESERVED vacation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment